The Sunlite Low Carb Varieties have at least 25% less carbohydrates than the common NZ Rua potato per serve.
1. No Genetic Modification.
Male and Female pollen from two different varieties Carrerra (Allard x Concurrent) and Colomba (Carrera x Agata) are naturally bred together to produce a potato that has lower carbs, great appearance, taste and sustainability for New Zealand’s climate.
2. The Sunlite Low Carb Varieties are initially bred in Holland and tissue is imported to NZ, to be grown into commercial size crops. The potato seed is grown in the South Island, NZ.
3. Since 2015, Gropak has been working with Alex McDonald Seed Merchants and their South Island seed growers to propagate enough seed to ensure our growers have sufficient seed quantities to grow enough Low Carb Potatoes to service our supermarkets in New Zealand.
4. Our goal is to pack Sunlite Low Carb Potatoes 12 months of the year – to do this we have selected premium NZ growers in 4 different geographical locations through New Zealand.
5. Fertile ground is selected that is preferably frost-free so to grow premium Sunlite Low Carb Potatoes, our growers follow set growing specifications to ensure the potatoes are Low Carb.
6. Each crop is tested at 85 days as it is a 90 day crop and is not harvested until the crop meets specifications for a Low Carb Potato. All potatoes are tested by Massey University Riddet Institute in Palmerston North.
7. The test is carried out by boiling the potatoes with the skin on and all tests MUST be at least 25% less carbohydrates by Food Standards Australia and New Zealand.
8. The spuds are then packed into 1kg or 2kg pillow packs and sent to participating Pak’n’Save, New World and Four Square supermarkets nationwide.
Serving Size: 100G, Boiled in skins
|% Daily intake |
Dietary Fibre, Total
Pantothenic Acid (B5)
% Daily intakes are based on an average adult diet of 8700 KJ. Your daily intakes may be higher or lower depending on your energy needs. RD1 = Recommended dietry intake. **No detected gluten.
Sunlite Low Carb Potatoes are packed with the good stuff:
Our Sunlite Low Carb Potatoes are available from participating New World, Pak’n’Save and Four Square Supermarkets nationwide in NZ
North Island – 1kg and 2kg available
South Island – 1kg available
Want some delicious, healthy recipes using Sunlite Low Carb Potatoes?